Sunday 24 February 2013

One for the mums!

I recently started to think about my favourite time saving beauty buys since becoming a mum. Obviously there is no need to change your whole beauty regime, but sometimes when time is tight you need a few key products you can rely on to keep you feeling and looking good when you dash out of the door! Here are a few of my recommendations:

Batiste Dry Shampoo - this is a lifesaver when you don't have enough time to wash and dry your hair before going out. Just spray it on, give it a rub into the roots and brush it through. This is definitely my second day hair saviour! Around £3 from supermarkets, Boots or Superdrug.

Boots No.7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Gel and Day Cream - having previously bought my skincare product from one of the premium brands, I decided to give No.7 a try when I received a money off voucher at Boots. I was really impressed - the cleansing gel removes makeup brilliantly and left my skin feeling clean and soft. Followed up with the Day Cream, I only need these 2 steps to look after my skin. Boots are always doing £5 off skincare vouchers or 3 for 2 on No.7 products, so if you time it right you can grab yourself a bargain. At full price the cleansing gel is £9 and the day cream £12.50. The range includes products for normal/oily, normal/dry and very dry skin, so there is something for every skin type.

Tinted Moisturiser or BB cream - these are great for slapping on without too much effort, and give you a healthy glow. One product I love is Estée Lauder Sheer Tint Release Advanced Multi Protection Anti Oxidant Moisturiser SPF15 (bit of a mouthful!). However it is £36, so definitely one for Mother's Day/birthday/Christmas. It gives light coverage and makes you look like you've just had a lovely holiday in the sunshine! Alternatively I find the BB creams from L'Oreal and Maybelline are also good, and under £10.

Aldi Under Eye Concealer - surely the must have product for all mums who aren't getting enough sleep! I really like Aldi's Lacura concealer pen which is light reflecting and covers fine lines and wrinkles. A bargain at £3.59! I have tried expensive concealers in the past, but this does a great job without the high price tag.

Maybelline Dream Touch Blush - a dab of this gives you that healthy glow if you are feeling a bit washed out. I really like the berry and apricot shades, which are £6.49 each. Maybelline is often on 3 for 2 (currently on at Boots) so you can treat yourself without feeling guilty!

Clinique Chubby Sticks - great for putting on in a rush, these sticks are a cross between lip balm and lipstick. They give your lips a bit of colour without making you look too 'done'! They cost £16 so not cheap but I think they are worth it.

Neutrogena Hand Cream - my hands are looking terrible at the moment from the amount of time my hands spend in water, whether washing hands from changing nappies or washing up from baby J's meals. I tried this hand cream a few days ago and it has really helped - my hands are a lot softer and much less dry. I bought it for £2.50 from Boots, reduced from the usual £3.

Rimmel 60 Seconds Nail Polish (around £3.69) I tried this for the first time last week and was very impressed! I had pretty much given up on painting my nails as I never seemed to have time to wait ages for them to dry. As all mums know, there is always something you feel you should be doing rather than sitting down and relaxing! Then a friend suggested fast drying nail varnish so I gave it a go. I picked a bright red shade called Ready, Aim, Paint, which instantly glams up your nails for a night out. It does take a bit longer than 60 seconds to dry, but after a few minutes I could get on with my jobs or playing with Baby J without fear of smudges! It only lasts for a couple of days without chipping, but this is without a top coat or base coat which would probably prolong your manicure.

I would always put mascara on my 'must wear' beauty list, but I am still hunting for the perfect one. If anyone has any recommendations then it would be great to hear them!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment